Wednesday, October 31, 2007

An Attitude of the Heart

Worship is placing Christ in the important spot of our lives, exalting his merits, serving him and obeying him with all our hearts; it is thinking of Him first. Worship is Christ-centered.

Worshipping God requires an attitude of the heart that is pure and holy, an disposition that is evident when we respond to the desires of God. "With my whole heart... I will glorify your name," is how Psalm 86 says it. We worship when we submit to God; when move with the Holy Spirit. "You will not reject a humble and repentant heart."

Also, when we seek God more than any other thing, we worship Him. The psalmist said, "How I want to be there! I long to be in [God's Presence]. With my whole being I sing for joy to the living God.."

True worship comes from the deepest part of our heart and soul.

Psalm 51:17; 84:2 GNB

No comments: