Sunday, December 2, 2018

The Lamb of God

Isaiah 53:4-8; Matthew 27:13-14; 
John 1:29; Revelations 5:6 

We find the ultimate expression of God’s love in the Suffering Servant: the Lamb of God, slain to take away the sin of the world. Father God did not manipulate Jesus to obey His design, nor did the soldiers drag him to his death. He decided to die. He willingly went to the judgment and to the cross, silently, like a sheep before its shearers.

Instead of crushing the bruised or discouraging the depressed, he took their wounds and transgressions on himself; he suffered the punishment for their sins and the stripes for their healing. Jesus: the totally sufficient sacrifice lamb.


Prayer: “Lamb of God, forgive me, heal me, encourage me. You are the only adequate sacrifice. Thank you for forgiving me and cleansing me of my sins.”  

Next post: The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me
Previous post: Light for the Nations

No comments: