Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Shepherds


The shepherds acted instantly on the angels’ song and that rocked their world. They went to Bethlehem to see what God had spoken to them: the baby lying in a manger. They shared their story with Mary and Joseph, they told all they met about the child, and they returned to their sheep “glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen.” Their lives had been forever changed.

The shepherds were transformed because they acted on the revelation God sent them. They changed the world because they shared that revelation with others. What an awesomely simple story!

“God of the Heavens, speak to my life and transform my world. I praise your name for all you have done in me. I am your willing messenger.” 


The symbol that follows is The Wise Men 

No comments: